Conveying and Drying for Plastics Processing Plants
The extensive and innovative peripheral equipment program from WITTMANN allows the realization of demanding complete systems and the assignment of responsibility for the proper interaction of the single components.
Central Material Loaders
Feedmax B Series
The Feedmax B series loaders are built for highest functionality and demanding applications. The modular design of these vacuum loaders guarantees specific adjustment to meet individual customer requirements, as well as for simple cleaning.
- Complete flexibility
- Superior wear resistance
- Easy operation
- Easily visible status LEDs
- Simple cleaning
- Ergonomic design
- Low maintenance
- Highest operational reliability
- Reliable material demand
Advantages of Feedmax B Series Loaders
The Feedmax CT (clear tube) series permits from any viewing angle simple visual flow of the material. The high-quality glass section is balanced for high loads and an optimal material flow.
Slanted lid and center body valves are completely accessible for easier and simpler cleaning access than conventional design.
Pneumatic material discharge shut off valve Highest functionality guaranteed through a completely leak-proof seal every conveying cycle. The dustproof design also guarantees dust free operation at the machine hopper.
Drymax and Aton Battery Dryers
Drymax 180 – 1200
The Drymax battery dryer series are equipped with two desiccant beds and therefore provide continuous process air and constant dry air quality for the perfect drying of plastic resin.
- Weekly timer
- Switchover valves, stop position controlled – The switchover valves provide optimized control of drying and regeneration cycles in both desiccant beds.
- Energy saving counter airflow regeneration – Reduces energy costs through fastest dehumidification of the desiccant beds during the regeneration phase.
- SmartReg energy saving function – Time-optimized control of the regeneration and cooling of the desiccant beds.
- Micro particle filter in return air – Dust separation efficiency of up to 99.9% for high process safety.
- Side channel blowers – For separate process and regeneration blowers in order to guarantee constant air flow even during fluctuating pressure conditions.
The Aton 1000 battery wheel dryer is equipped with a clocked rotating segmented wheel, thus allowing for a constant creation of dry air. The highly developed drying wheel named ECO wheel is isolated and consists of several segments that are closely filled with a highly efficient desiccant, thus allowing operation at a constanctly low dew point.
- Intelligent CrossFlow function – Heat exchanger with closed circuit leading to a reduction of energy consumption.
- Isolated ECO wheel drying wheel – Allows to operate the dry air dryer at a low dew point
- Chain drive with automatic tensioning device – For less maintenance and reliable operation.
- 5,7" touch-screen user interface – For an easy input of the dryer settings.
- AmbiLED performance indication – Not only the operation mode of the dryer is displayed, but also its actual performance.
- User-friendly access for maintenance – Return air filter and regeneration filter are accessible from the outside.
M8 Network Control System
The M8 network control system was developed for the administration of medium to complex network configurations with up to 320 network participants. Every participant is connected via a bus module to the network and can be configured for a specific task. This guarantees the maximum flexibility for the set up of customized material handling systems.
- M8 touch-screen – The high-resolution touch-screen simplifies user control, as well as the adjustment of process parameters and allows the user a comprehensive view of all attached units.
- Line server LS-B30T – Provides for the control of up to 31 freely configurable bus modules, which can be connected in parallel to one CAN-Bus line. All functions which are available for the respective bus modules can be managed and controlled from the line server. A complete system can have up to 8 individual CAN-Bus lines.
- Bus module BM-4/4 – Provides individual control of vacuum loaders, blower stations, central filters, dry air valves, purging valves, etc. Any function can be assigned to the 4 digital inputs and outputs of the bus modules and therefore, gives the system virtually unlimited possibilities of configurability for each particular application.
Networked Drying System
The M8 control system permits the connection of Drymax battery dryers with network cards to the central M8 control system. This allows the visualization of internal parameters and conditions on the generously dimensioned M8 control screen as well as the entry of temperature values for the various connected drying hoppers.
Coded Material Source Licence and Lot Management
Choosing the wrong material for a drying hopper in the course of a material change procedure is not only leading to weak drying results, but can also have fatal consequences for the production of parts. To minimize this risk, and after having activated a licence, the M7.3 network control can monitor this process. For the clearance of the conveying process, the operator has to define the material change at the control device, and afterwards to confirm the material source and the suction lance via barcode scan. If this is done correctly, the charging process starts. If not, an error message is displayed, and the conveying process (with the wrong material) is not executed. This function can even be extended applying the WiMaTrace batch monitoring function.
Connection to ERP Systems
All relevant control data and parameters can be transferred to a company wide enterprise resource planning (ERP) and process data monitoring (PDM) system via the open standard protocol OPC. For the connection to a PDM system the M8 control system is optionally equipped with an OPC Interface Licence, which enables the communication between an external computer and the control system. A customer supplied OPC client accepts the required data from the M8 control system and manipulates it internally. The data exchange happens via the Ethernet interface.
CS Cyclone Filter Station
- 2-stage filtration system – In first stage pre-filtration takes place by means of the cyclone effect and in the second stage, micro filtration occurs by means of a polyester micro filter.
- Effective dust blow-off and user-friendliness – The filter surface is cleaned by means of implosion, and the dust is blown into a dust collection bag. For visual inspection, the dust container is executed in robust glass.
XMB Filter Station
- 2-stage filtration system – In first stage pre-filtration takes place by means of the cyclone effect and in the second stage, micro filtration occurs with a polyester micro-filter having 3 m2 of surface area.
- User-friendly – The dust container can be removed during operation for emptying.
- Choice of dust container – The dust collection area is kept pressureless through a shut-off valve in the discharge cone of the filter and therefore allows the use of any dust collection container, e.g. a plastic bag.
CODEMAX – RFID Coupling Station
The coded coupling station CODEMAX avoids the erroneous connection of the wrong material to the processing machine. A transponder, working on the basis of “Radio Frequency Identification“ (RFID), permits remote recognition of a 64-bit identifier. By means of this technology, electrostatic charges which are inherent to the material conveying process cannot cause damage to the electrical components.
Machine Hoppers for Feedmax
Ranging in size from 3 l to 60 l guarantee the optimum volume of the material inventory to the total material throughput and thus, the performance of the entire system.