WITTMANN BATTENFELD – a reliable service partner
Injection molding machines provide optimal performance for many years in a suitable environment. This includes the expert knowledge of machine setters and maintenance engineers, as well as fast troubleshooting when problems occur, ranging from spare parts and expendable parts supply at short notice to process technology assistance in standard and special applications. Here, WITTMANN BATTENFELD offers the complete range of services.
A total of 450 specialists from the company’s service organization stand ready to help worldwide as needed. This organization is present on all continents with special competence centers and thus provides a short-distance logistics system across many time zones, both online and with on-site assistance.
The support covers the whole life cycle of a machine, starting with its commissioning accompanied by practice-oriented training of operators, and includes regular, value-preserving inspection and maintenance, technical support (hotlines and web services), supply of original spare parts, control system upgrades, demand-oriented retrofitting, adaptations for relocation and modernization of used machines.
- Increase in the availability of machinery and equipment
- Quick and easy initial diagnostics
Thanks to the service centers located in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, contact partners are available round the clock for handling problems. With the help of the web service centers, they can establish a direct connection to the machine via the Internet and thus have any problems or needs for maintenance work diagnosed. For new machines, the web service package is included in the price for the duration of the warranty period. Thereafter, cost-effective one-year contracts are available.
Wide range of services via remote access:
- Troubleshooting, user support, monitoring and remote inspection
- Round-the-clock access to the expert knowledge of WITTMANN BATTENFELD worldwide
- Increased machine availability and more productivity through short response times
- 70 % of all notified technical problems with injection molding machines are solved via remote access.
CMS – Condition Monitoring System
CMS, a system which combines technical components with human diagnostics expertise. The strategy of condition monitoring is to keep a continuous watch on the condition of injection molding machine components in order to optimize their availability and efficiency and to minimize their life cycle costs by keeping them in an optimal condition.
- Detects machine defects before they cause a standstill
- Enables planning of preventive servicing
- Reduces costs and increases productivity
Production status check via smartphone – simple and comfortable:
- Production data and status of all essential appliances in a production cell
- Complete overview of the most important production parameters
- Access to production data, error signals and user-defined data
- Facilities for grouping of appliances and sorting according to status