Controls Engineering for Industrial Automation is required. Experience with Robotics, especially Epson, as well as Vision Systems are a definite plus. Experience in programming language a plus, such as C++ or Python preferred.
This position requires a working knowledge of industrial electronics, basic Microsoft office computer skills, Electrical Cad, good mechanical aptitude, and comprehension of Molding Machine/Robot interface standards. Candidate must be able to work effectively on your own and as a team player. Must be able to lift 50 pound machine components unassisted and possessing the ability to climb and maneuver upon industrial machinery. Reading and writing English instructions and procedures. Must have the ability to read and understand mechanical assembly and machined part drawings
- Controls Engineering for Industrial Automation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Robotics, especially Epson as well as Vision Systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- Industrial electronics: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrical CAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- C++ programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- Python programming: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Position provides Controls systems design, specification, programming, testing, and start-up of complete robotic work-cells in our Torrington Facility, including…..
- Controls System Design utilizing Electronic Cad to create or modify electrical circuit diagrams using DIN/IEC standards.
- Creation of Bills of Materials.
- Panel design and layout.
- Teach Programming of Robots and Automation Equipment.
- PLC Programming.
- Drive configuration and programming.
- Developing and implementing systematic logical testing methods to prove out equipment operations.
- Working closely with Mechanical engineers to develop and implement improvements to the systems.
- Assist others with Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic assembly.
- Troubleshooting, adjustment and modification of mechanical systems and mechanisms.
- Troubleshooting, adjustment and modification of pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshooting, adjustment and modification of electrical controls.
- Field installation and servicing of robotic work cells. Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of robot system and automation equipment problems.
- Some hands on Wiring of Automation Equipment.
- Some Mechanical and Pneumatic assembly.
- Working unsupervised at our customers’ facilities in an effective manner.
- Providing telephone trouble-shooting and assistance to customers and service technicians.
- Training customers in the field and in our Torrington facility.
- Approximately 25% travel may be required.
- Maintaining a “Customer Friendly” attitude whenever dealing with customers internal and external.