Assemble, troubleshoot and repair Material Handling and Auxiliaries systems and products.
- Mechanical assembly of equipment , electrical wiring of same, start up and test same and if required troubleshoot the equipment if there are operational problems during test and start up. Work to be done using printed work orders, standard operating procedures, work assembly instructions, schematic diagrams, engineering sketches and/or knowledge acquired through on the job training. Assembly will require use and knowledge of various hand tools and some small electrical and pneumatic power tools.
- Using electrical schematic circuit diagrams: wire components into equipment, remove components from equipment and/or troubleshoot equipment to determine the cause of erratic operation or failure of units and/or individual components.
- Using crane/hoist, safely rig and lift equipment as required to: put in upright position, remove from shipping carton/container/pallet, load into shipping carton/container/pallet, and/or place for assembly.
- Evaluate and repair equipment returned from the field for return to stock and/or for warranty and non-warranty repairs. Scope of work may include the following: unloading/unpacking the equipment in question, troubleshooting to confirm root cause of any operational problems, removal and replacement of parts, touch up painting, lubrication, cleaning, final test and packing.
- Prepare documents, as required, including: daily time sheets, quality control check lists, equipment evaluation forms, cost estimate forms, 5S audit sheets, and material requisition forms.
- Have familiarity with operation and use of the following: feeler gauges, torque wrench, calipers, electrical multi-meter, weighing scale, and calculator.
- Demonstrate familiarity with metric and English units of measure and facility with conversion from one standard to the other.
- Keep tool box and production area organized and clean per 5S standards
- Occasionally may be requested to: assist with customer service calls, remove parts from finished goods for parts sales, participate in year end inventory, assist other departments and/or colleagues with tasks, and receive directions from product managers and engineering personnel
Perform other duties as assigned